Subject: Probs with Twinhan Starbox 2, VDR on NSLU kernel 2.6.20
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:46:15 +0100

Is there nobody who can help me with the vp702x driver problem here?

I am trying to get a Twinhan Starbox 2 running on a NSLU2 with Debian
and VDR. I have compiled the v4l drivers from cvs and they are loaded
when i
plugin the usb cable of the Starbox2.

Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'TwinhanDTV StarBox
DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: IXP4XX NPE driver Version 0.3.0
initialized
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: downloading firmware from
file 'dvb-usb-vp702x-02.fw'
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'TwinhanDTV StarBox
DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)' in warm state.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2
transport stream to the software demuxer.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: DVB: registering new adapter
(TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)).
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb in operation failed.
(-71)
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug last message repeated 4 times
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, address 3
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb in operation failed.
(-71)
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: MAC address:
00:00:00:00:00:00
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb out operation failed.
(-19)
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb out operation failed.
(-19)
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb in operation failed.
(-19)
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by
'TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)'
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB
receiver as /class/input/input1
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: schedule remote query
interval to 400 msecs.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S
USB2.0 (VP7021) successfully initialized and connected.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S
USB2.0 (VP7021) successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: usbcore: registered new interface
driver dvb_usb_vp702x
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: usb 3-2: new high speed USB device
using ehci_hcd and address 4
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: usb 3-2: configuration #1 chosen from
1 choice
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'TwinhanDTV StarBox
DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: downloading firmware from
file 'dvb-usb-vp702x-02.fw'
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'TwinhanDTV StarBox
DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)' in warm state.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2
transport stream to the software demuxer.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: DVB: registering new adapter
(TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S USB2.0 (VP7021)).
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: MAC address:
00:08:ca:15:88:c7
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: vp702x: system string: USB702X
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: DVB: registering frontend 0 (Twinhan
DST-like frontend (VP7021/VP7020) DVB-S)...
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB
receiver as /class/input/input2
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: schedule remote query
interval to 400 msecs.
Feb 14 00:03:56 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S
USB2.0 (VP7021) successfully initialized and connected.

After that when i start VDR the system frezes. Without loading the
drivers VDR is running ok.

Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] VDR version 1.4.5-1 started
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] switched to user 'vdr'
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-yaepg.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-xineliboutput.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-svdrpext.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-vompserver.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-extrecmenu.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-streamdev-server.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-femon.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading plugin:
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-streamdev-client.so.1.4.5
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] [xine..put] Skipping
configuration entry Frontend=none (overridden in command line)
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading /var/lib/vdr/sources.conf
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading /var/lib/vdr/diseqc.conf
Feb 14 00:04:12 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/commands.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading /var/lib/vdr/reccmds.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/svdrphosts.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading /var/lib/vdr/remote.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/keymacros.conf
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2005] video directory scanner thread
started (pid=2005, tid=2005)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] reading EPG data from
/var/cache/vdr/epg.data
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] probing
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2006] video directory scanner thread
started (pid=2006, tid=2006)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2008] tuner on device 1 thread started
(pid=2008, tid=2008)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2009] section handler thread started
(pid=2009, tid=2009)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2005] video directory scanner thread
ended (pid=2005, tid=2005)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] found 1 video device
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2006] video directory scanner thread
ended (pid=2006, tid=2006)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin: yaepg
(0.0.2): Yet Another EPG
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin:
xineliboutput (1.0.0pre7): X11/xine-lib output plugin
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] [xine..put] cTimePts:
clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC): clock resolution 10000 us
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] [xine..put] cTimePts:
clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC): clock resolution 10000 us
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] [xine..put] RTP SSRC: 0x5d6881e4
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin: svdrpext
(0.0.1): Extensions to the SVDRP command set
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin: vompserver
(0.2.6): VDR on MVP plugin by Chris Tallon
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin: extrecmenu
(0.12c): Extended recordings menu
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin:
streamdev-server (0.3.3-pre3-geni): VDR Streaming Server
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin: femon
(1.1.1): DVB Signal Information Monitor (OSD)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] initializing plugin:
streamdev-client (0.3.3-pre3-geni): VTP Streaming Client
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] setting primary device to 1
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] device 1 has no MPEG decoder
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] trying device number 2 instead
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] setting primary device to 2
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] SVDRP listening on port 2001
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2011] ERROR (thread.c,224): Permission
denied
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] setting current skin to "classic"
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/themes/classic-default.theme
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: yaepg
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: xineliboutput
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] Remote decoder/display server
(cXinelibServer) thread started (pid=2012, tid=2012)
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] ERROR (thread.c,224): Permission
denied
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] [xine..put] cXinelibServer: Can't
set priority to SCHED_RR 2 [1,99]
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] [xine..put] Listening on port
37890
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] [xine..put] Listening for UDP
broadcasts on port 37890
Feb 14 00:04:13 debianslug vdr: [2012] [xine..put] BROADCAST: VDR
xineliboutput DISCOVERY 1.0^M Server port: 37890^M Server version:
xineliboutput-1.0.0pre7^M ^M 
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] [xine..put]
cXinelibDevice::StartDevice(): Device started
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: svdrpext
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: vompserver
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] VOMP: Config file found
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: extrecmenu
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: streamdev-server
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] loading
/var/lib/vdr/plugins/streamdevhosts.conf
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: femon
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] starting plugin: streamdev-client
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] ERROR: /dev/lircd: No such file
or directory
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] ERROR: remote control LIRC not
ready!
Feb 14 00:04:14 debianslug vdr: [1976] switching to channel 1
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug vdr: [2024] streamdev server thread started
(pid=2024, tid=2024)
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, address 4
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: vp702x: usb out operation failed.
(-19)
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug vdr: [2024] Streamdev: Listening (VTP) on
port 2004
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug vdr: [2024] Streamdev: Listening (HTTP) on
port 3000
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging
request at virtual address 00004174
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: pgd = c182c000
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: [00004174] *pgd=01278031,
*pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1]
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Modules linked in: ipv6 dm_snapshot
dm_mirror dm_mod rtc_dev ixp4xx_mac dvb_usb_vp702x dvb_usb dvb_core
evdev dvb_pll ixp4xx_qmgr ixp4xx_npe firmware_class ixp4xx_beeper ext3
jbd mbcache sd_mod usb_storage scsi_mod ehci_hcd ohci_hcd usbcore
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: CPU: 0
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: PC is at add_wait_queue+0x24/0x44
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: LR is at __pollwait+0x104/0x10c
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: pc : []    lr :
[]    Not tainted
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: sp : c1771bb0  ip : a0000013  fp :
c1771bbc
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: r10: c1770000  r9 : 00000000  r8 :
c1771f84
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: r7 : 00004174  r6 : c0a1b0a0  r5 :
c1771c14  r4 : 00000000
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: r3 : a0000093  r2 : c105dac0  r1 :
c1771c28  r0 : 00004174
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Flags: NzCv  IRQs off  FIQs on  Mode
SVC_32  Segment user
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Control: 397F
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Table: 0182C000  DAC: 00000015
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Process vdr (pid: 2008, stack limit =
0xc1770250)
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: Stack: (0xc1771bb0 to 0xc1772000)
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1ba0:                                
  c1771bdc c1771bc0 c0089614 c0049fac 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1bc0: 00004000 c1771c14 c0a1b0a0
c0a1b0a0 c1771bf8 c1771be0 bf0c04ac c008951c 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1be0: c1771e5c 00000001 c1771e54
c1771f80 c1771bfc c008897c bf0c045c be3ff994 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1c00: be3ff99c c1771e54 c1771e54
c1771e64 c1771c14 c0089510 00000000 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1c20: 00000001 c0a1b0a0 00000000
c105dac0 c0031ec8 00100100 00200200 00004174 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1c40: 64752f73 6c2f0066 6d2f6269
6c75646f 322f7365 312e362e 2d332d38 34707869 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1c60: 6b2f7878 656e7265 73662f6c
6664752f c10b0ac0 c02759a8 c1771c9c c1771c88 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1c80: c0030d94 c00307c4 00000001
c10b0ac0 c1771ccc c1771ca0 c0031e60 c0030d78 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1ca0: 80000093 00000001 c1038a38
00000000 c1038a38 00000000 00000000 00000001 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1cc0: c1771cdc c1771cd0 c0031edc
c0031d44 c1771d08 c1771ce0 c0030a74 c0031ed4 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1ce0: 80000013 c15d1c60 c1771f04
c1770000 c0412800 c1771e20 00000055 c1771d20 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1d00: c1771d0c c0030adc c0030a48
00000000 c15d1c60 c1771d34 c1771d24 c0160e7c 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1d20: c0030abc c18a5460 c1771d98
c1771d38 c01d0810 c0160e4c 6f6d2f62 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1d40: 00000055 00000000 00000000
7fffffff 000007d8 00000068 00000068 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1d60: c1771d6c 00000000 c0108684
00000000 00000000 c1771f04 00000055 c0bc90c0 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1d80: c1771d9c c1d7aca0 c1845800
c1771e80 c1845400 c1771db8 c1771da4 bf0d8c84 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1da0: bf0d8ae0 80046f45 c1845800
c1771e78 c1771dbc bf0c1428 bf0d8c74 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1dc0: 00000000 c105dac0 00000000
00000000 d662d853 c105dac0 c004a27c c1771ddc 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1de0: c1771ddc c0312900 c1771e0c
c1771df8 c1771e14 c1771e00 c003f70c c161f7d8 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1e00: c1771eb4 c1262c74 c1771e28
c1771e18 c003ff64 c007776c c161f7d8 c1771e54 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1e20: c1771e2c c0041354 c003ff1c
c105dac0 00000000 c105dca4 c1771eb4 c1771eb4 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1e40: c105dca4 c1771f34 c1771e74
c1771e58 c0041878 00000000 00000001 00000007 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1e60: 00000001 c1770000 be3ff658
00000000 00000000 c001ff04 be3ff6c0 00000008 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1e80: 00000000 00000000 c1771ea4
c1771e98 c0041908 c00413b4 c1771f7c c1771ea8 
Feb 14 00:07:48 debianslug kernel: 1ea0: c0022738 c00418f8 00000020
c1771f88 c105dac0 00000020 00000000 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1ec0: 000007b8 00000068 00000000
000007c8 00000002 00000020 00000000 00000000 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1ee0: 000007b8 00000068 00000000
000007c8 00000002 c1771f00 c004cab0 c004ca50 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1f00: c1771f34 c1771f28 c1771f14
c1771f34 c1771f1c c0042cc4 c0024f30 c1771f44 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1f20: c1771f2c c0042cc4 c0024f30
c175e01c c105dac0 00000015 c1771f54 c1771f48 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1f40: c0042d34 c0042ca4 c1771f8c
c1771f58 c001fd48 00000001 00000000 00000001 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1f60: be3ff994 000000a8 c001ff04
c1770000 40345000 c1771fa4 c1771f84 c0088bf8 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1f80: c00887c8 00000001 00000000
0000000a 00000001 be3ff994 00000000 c1771fa8 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1fa0: c001fd60 c0088ba8 0000000a
00000001 be3ff994 00000001 0000000a 00000001 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1fc0: 0000000a 00000001 be3ff994
00000001 00000004 be3ffbe0 40345000 be3ffb2c 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: 1fe0: 00000001 be3ff978 402f6e50
402e263c 60000010 be3ff994 2f6c656e 2f74656e 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: Backtrace: 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: []
(add_wait_queue+0x0/0x44) from [] (__pollwait+0x104/0x10c)
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: [] (__pollwait+0x0/0x10c)
from [] (dvb_frontend_poll+0x5c/0x80 [dvb_core])
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel:  r7 = C0A1B0A0  r6 = C0A1B0A0  r5 =
C1771C14  r4 = 00004000
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: []
(dvb_frontend_poll+0x0/0x80 [dvb_core]) from []
(do_sys_poll+0x1c0/0x3e0)
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel:  r6 = C1771E54  r5 = 00000001  r4 =
C1771E5C 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: [] (do_sys_poll+0x0/0x3e0)
from [] (sys_poll+0x5c/0x64)
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: [] (sys_poll+0x0/0x64) from
[] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x2c)
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel:  r6 = BE3FF994  r5 = 00000001  r4 =
0000000A 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: Code: e5813000 e10fc000 e38c3080
e121f003 (e5902000) 
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel:  <4>vp702x: usb in operation failed.
(-19)
Feb 14 00:07:49 debianslug kernel: dvb-usb: TwinhanDTV StarBox DVB-S
USB2.0 (VP7021) successfully deinitialized and disconnected.

It is an arm system, kernel is:
Linux debianslug 2.6.20-1-ixp4xx #1 Mon Feb 12 22:22:40 CET 2007
armv5tel GNU/Linux

I see errors like:
vp702x: usb out operation failed. (-19)

Unable to handle kernel paging  request at virtual address ...

Internal error: Oops: f5 [#1]

Anybody who can help here ?

Thanks

Hubert Becker